Our promise to you
Introducing our policy
This policy governs any kind of processing of personally identifiable information about natural persons, who are consumers of Rainbow Designs Limited products or services (“personal data”), by Rainbow Designs Limited. This policy applies to our processing of personal data collected through any means, actively as well as passively, online as well as offline, from persons located anywhere in the world. Any question regarding our processing of personal data may be directed to:
Director of IT and Operations
Rainbow Designs Limited
Unit 310 Fareham Reach
We are guided by the following principles when processing personal data:
- We will only collect personal data for specific and specified purposes;
- We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
- We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will not transfer personal data to third parties, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will seek to verify and/or update personal data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments or removal of personal data;
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of personal data secure;
- Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
Transfer of personal data to third parties and/or other countries
As a general principle, we process personal data in order to facilitate or improve our offerings and services to you.
- We do not process personal data on behalf of third parties, nor do we sell personal data to, or share personal data with, third parties for their own, independent use, except if you allow us to do so.
- We do share personal data with third party vendors when it is necessary to provide services that we don’t perform ourselves, e.g. shipping of Rainbow Designs products, etc.
- We also use third party data hosting companies to store personal data collected by us in their servers, and to do data validation checks for us.
- We may undertake or commission consumer research projects from time to time and we may share personal data with third party research companies for this purpose. Also, such third party research companies may host survey data in their data bases on our behalf.
All data transfers to third party vendors or partners, including those listed as examples above will be subject to a written contract between us and the third party vendor or partner in question, and the vendor or partner will not have any authority to use such personal data for any purpose other than as instructed by us.
We will disclose personal data when legally obligated to do so under court order, or for law enforcement purposes.
Processing of personal data through online shopping.
When you use our service online or offline (e.g. ordering online via www.rainbowdesigns.co.uk or via our customer service team, or otherwise), we will process transaction-related personal data, such as your first and last name, mailing and shipping address, phone number, email address, credit card or other payment information, and gender. We will also process information about your purchases with us.
We will use such personal data to process and deliver your order, to provide notification of order status, and to update your profile periodically to ensure that we have the most accurate personal data available. We will also use said personal data to analyse customer behaviour and to customise our communication with you, if applicable. In this respect, we may transfer tracking information about your use of our sites to external service providers, which will help us optimise your browsing experience. Optimisation services will be performed under a written contract between us and any service provider.
If you opt-in (or upon request), we will send you Rainbow Designs promotional and marketing emails. These may be targeted to you based on your purchase history or online browsing behaviour.
Rainbow Designs Customer Service
Please contact our customer service team with questions or comments related to Rainbow Designs, and our products and services. When you contact us, we will process personal data such as your email address, your gender, first and last name, mailing address, phone number, as relevant.
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and use a shopping cart.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise you as a visitor and how you move around our website when you are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, to help you find what you are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of Brands).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website and the pages you have visited. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
We process cookies using Google Analytics to help analyse the traffic to our website. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or part of our site.
Review and update of personal data
You may always contact us to review and update personal data we may have stored about you. Please get in touch with our Customer Service team. Please note that prior to accessing and making changes to your account, we must verify your identity properly. It may take up to 10 business days before changes take effect.
Shopping data security
Access to a number of Rainbow Designs services are protected by access restrictions based on your customer account number and password. It is important that you always choose a password which is hard to guess for others, and protect your password against disclosure.
All external transmissions of payment data facilitated by us are protected by encryption.
All data storage, at Rainbow Designs operated computer facilities as well as at business partner facilities, will be subject to written contracts.
Generally, processing of personal data will take place in accordance with applicable legislation and best practices concerning data security.
Credit card information is directed to one or more approved and certified service provider(s), and will not be stored by us for longer than it takes to process the data.
Handling of personal data is controlled by documented policies and procedures, including strict physical and logical access control, security back-up, failover, anti-malware protection, monitoring and vulnerability detection mechanisms.
Keeping our policy up to date
We may need to change our data processing policy from time to time to keep up with the ways in which we collect, use, transfer, store and/or delete personal data. If policy changes are made, which would materially and adversely affect the privacy of individuals to whom this policy applies, we will endeavour to give notice of such changes to all individuals concerned.
Your acceptance of these terms
Effective date: February 2018